First Officer (Second in Command)
Silver Airways is currently seeking qualified Pilot, First Officers for exciting
career opportunities. Silver Airways operates a rapidly growing fleet of Saab 340Bplus aircraft.
Silver Airways offers competitive benefit packages and wage compensation programs,
in addition to flight benefits. Currently, Silver Airways services major Florida
destinations, such as Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Jacksonville,
Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach, and Key West. We also reach seven locations
in The Bahamas – more than any other U.S. airline. We’re also serving new markets
out of Atlanta to key cities in the Southeast. We connect communities in the Mid-Atlantic
and the Industrial Heartland to Washington, D.C. Silver Airways growth
is expected to bring additional bases and hubs in the very near future.
- Relieves the PIC in the manipulation of flight controls of an aircraft while underway, including taxiing, take-off and landing of such aircraft, and who is properly qualified and designated by the company to serve as and who holds current Airman’s Certificate(s) authorizing them to serve as an SIC.
- Responsible to the PIC and Chief Pilot, to assure that all assigned flights are in compliance with FARs and company operating procedures.
- Is Second-in-Command of the aircraft and will assume the Pilot-in-Command duties should the PlC become incapacitated or unable to perform these duties.
- Assists the PlC in conducting the flight safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a current knowledge of those general subjects and aircraft-related information that will enhance overall competence, ability, and professionalism, and apply that knowledge to the job.
- Assists the PlC and/or passenger service personnel as needed to ensure a prompt departure.
- Prepare the weight and balance forms for each flight as directed by the PIC.
- Conduct the preflight inspection if directed by the PIC.
- Supervise fueling, ground power unit, baggage loading and appropriate servicing of aircraft. Ramp supervisor or maintenance may monitor fueling.
- Will hold at least a Commercial Pilot Certificate with appropriate category and class ratings and an Instrument Rating current under FAR Part 61. Will hold at least a current First Class Medical Certificate.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be able to pass a DOT Drug and Alcohol Screen, and Criminal Background Check
- Must possess a valid Passport
- ATP Qualifications
- Applicants for the Restricted ATP must comply with AC 61-139, FAR 61.159 and FAR 61.160.
- Current First Class Medical with First Class Privledges
- ATP Certificate Preferred
- FCC License
- No FAA Violations, Suspensions or current investigations
- Applicants must be willing to accept ANY base according to operational needs.
Current Pilot Bases
- TAMPA, FL
- GAINESVILLE, FL
- FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
- ATLANTA, GA
- WASHINGTON DULLES
For more information contact Julie Puckhaber at: firstname.lastname@example.org @ 954-670-7894
Silver Airways offers excellent benefits including travel benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V/G
Applications for employment as a Silver Airways pilot must be submitted through AirlineApps.com. Applications for Silver Airways pilot positions may be submitted free of charge, though a fee may be charged if you wish to join AirlineApps as a member for added features. If you are already a member of the AirlineApps system, sign in to your account and add Silver Airways to your target listing.