Responsible for the control of quality and quantity of work assignments, assuring work assignments are performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with company policy, manufacturerís manuals and FAA requirements.
- Furnish on-the-job training instructions and information relative to job procedures.
- Direct and assign mechanics as necessary to accomplish all maintenance functions in accordance with the GPM.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to mechanic group as required to ensure timely accomplishment of company objectives in safety, service, operational performance and financial management.
- Monitor the performance of assigned personnel to ensure standards are met or exceeded in a range of performance measures.
- Encourage an atmosphere of participation by all employees in solving problems and maintain service excellence.
- Facilitate crew meetings.
- Assume responsibilities of special assignments and administrative duties as directed.
- Other duties assigned to perform the requirements of the position.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Two or more years experience in a management/supervisory capacity in a FAR Part 121 air carrier operation.
- Possess a Mechanicís Certificate with Airframe and Power plant ratings. Required to meet the requirements of 14 CFR Part 65.83.
- Familiar with parameters & standards established specifically in Federal Aviation Regulations Parts 43, 65 & 91.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Familiar with computer data entry, and other Microsoft office programs.
- Capable of lifting 75 lb. or more.
- Flexible to work various shifts both day & night.
- Must remain in the position for one year.
- Prior experience in management/supervising a maintenance workforce for a FAR Part 121 air carrier operation.
- Bachelorís degree or four years of college in a technical field.
- Experience leading or developing work teams.
- Must have the ability to work independently, organize duties and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the maintenance organization.
- Dependability and good work attendance records are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to apply company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
Mesa Airlines, go! Airlines, United Express and US Airways Express are proud to be
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employers.