ABOUT ENDEAVOR AIR
Endeavor Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, has more than 4,000 employees. Flying as Delta Connection, it operates181 regional jets on 1,000 daily flights to more than 100 cities in the United States and Canada. The headquarters is located in Minneapolis, MN, and hub operations are located in Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis and New York.
We are well known for running a safe, reliable and on-time airline, providing a professional and comfortable air transportation experience to our customers. We take pride in hiring the most qualified associates that strive to grow and develop their careers and our organization.
STATISTICAL AND DATABASE ANALYST
The Statistical and Database Analyst provides reporting and analysis to assist management in making critical business decisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in tracking and reporting of on-time statistics, fuel metrics, manpower planning metrics, and other performance metrics to help the company meet goals and provide a valuable service to its customers.
- Coordinate Performance Engineering activities with the appropriate internal airline departments and personnel, and Delta.
- Develop data mining queries from system databases and statistical data models for comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly, or ad hoc, status reports for Sr. Manager of Performance Engineering, Senior Staff, and other company departments and employees.
- Create automated processes where applicable for data extraction, report processing, and distribution.
- Assist in the creation of, and monitor performance of new company and departmental goal metrics and policies.
- Participate in weekly operational meetings when attendance is requested.
- Ensure accuracy of essential data records through periodic audits of data warehouse.
- Perform data analysis and distribution to provide Company employees with easy access to essential performance data.
- Support DOT reporting responsibilities through coordination with Delta, data validation, and DOT report creation.
- Provide accurate historical data and forecasts to Finance and other operating divisions.
- Performs additional functions (essential or otherwise) which may be assigned from time to time.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Repetitive motion such as: typing.
- Minimal physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting of boxes, bags files, and electronic equipment not in excess of 30 lbs.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Computer work, in a typical office environment sitting for the majority of the day.
- Bachelors degree in Statistics or Business related field (preferred)
- 1- 3 years of experience working in a business analyst/analyst role
- Airline industry or operational experience is strongly preferred
- Strong ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively to meet given time parameters
- Experience working with all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on communication and problem resolution
- Strong work ethic, reliable, self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Competent in computer programs/skills: MS Word , Access, Outlook, advanced knowledge of Excel, general internet applications, and AS400 is a plus
- Some travel may be required.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please complete the online application and attach your resume for us to review and consider. To view more opportunities, please visit us atEndeavor Air
Thank you for your application and consideration in working with Endeavor Air!
Endeavor Air is an Equal Employment opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.